Diplomates choose ONE Clinical Module OR Feedback Module activity to complete the PIP Unit.
For the Feedback Module, clinically active diplomates obtain personal feedback regarding their own clinical performance using questionnaire/surveys. The Feedback Module consists of three steps to complete within a 24-month period.
Step A: Initial assessment of patient or peer feedback
Collect initial feedback from ONE of the following options:
Diplomates may choose a feedback module from the Approved Products List, use an ABPN feedback form, or submit their institution’s patient survey or peer evaluation, provided the survey addresses the six general competencies as indicated on the ABPN feedback forms.
Step B: Identify and implement improvement
Step C: Reassessment of patient or peer feedback
* Patients may include those for which the diplomate supervises the care of another provider (e.g., resident).
**Peers may include other professional healthcare staff such as counselors, nurses, physicians, psychologists, and social workers.
Learn details for completing a Feedback Module Activity with this short video:Completing a Feedback Module Video
For candidates and diplomates
• LOG IN HERE to apply for an exam or
• Update and track MOC information
For training directors and coordinators
• Update resident training details
• Print Graduate Performance Reports
For the public and credentialers
• Search for Board certified physicians
• Verify certification status