|Application Timeline for Examination|
|All candidates applying for Examination will need to complete and submit an online application in order to qualify and apply for an examination. Each application will be reviewed by the credentials department.
For more about why certification and maintenance of certification matters, click here.
Apply for an examination | ABPN Physician Folios site | Visit the Pearson VUE Website
Application Timeline for Examination
Note: The above application timeline is only a partial view. More details are on the PDF file.
1. You will need an active, full, unrestricted license
2. If applying for initial certification in a Subspecialty, you will be required to enter your training or other qualifying information
3. A major credit card or check for making a payment
The following steps denote the timeline for the application process. You may also download the steps.
Download: Application Timeline for Examination
|Step 2||Continue the online application process via ABPN Physician Folios Examination and Application section.
1. You must have an active, full, unrestricted license
2. Credit card for payment
3. If you are applying for initial certification in a Subspecialty, you will be required to enter your training and other qualifying information.
4. Send documentation of license and training as required.
|Step 3||Complete the online application process by paying your fees. Fees are handles by a third party processor.|
|Step 3.1||Save/print your receipt|
|Step 4||Wait for credentials department to review your application (4-16 weeks)|
|Step 5||Receive a:
1. Acceptance letter via mail and/or email OR
2. Request for additional information via mail and/or email OR
3. Denial letter via mail. Applicants who are denied will not be allowed to take the exam
|Step 6||Register via Pearson VUE to take your examination at their testing facility (approximately 3 months) prior to the examination date. Scheduling instructions sent via email.|
|Step 7||Take the examination|
|Step 8||Grade Reports
Grade letters will be mailed to everyone within (8-12 weeks weeks). Pass/Fail posted in ABPN Physician Folios.
|Step 9||Applicants who pass will be certified and enrolled in C-MOC. Applicants who fail may retake the examination.|
-- Return to top